My expectations were high for this year’s ACM Awards. There were many things I was curious about and the show didn’t let me down!
There were a few things that I wasn’t thrilled with though. I didn’t really like Eric Church’s bushy beard or his performance. I thought it was odd. Who was that backup singer in the red dress anyway?
I had a little trouble with Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan jokes in the opening. I was cringing a little bit, while sitting next to my 3 daughters watching them talk about thier “ballroom” and “upfront” issues with their jeans. I kind of expected it, but I think they could have been just as funny without the raunchy. That’s me as a mom.
Otherwise, the show was incredible! These are my top moments. Ally
10) I loved the opening performance. Blake Shelton started his song “Boys Round Here” and Luke joined in, followed by Sheryl Crow and The Pistol Annies. I loved it and it was one of my favorite performances on the show!
9)I loved seeing the very pregnant Hillary Scott, looking very beautiful and still able to sing and perform, on their song Downtown! The best part of the whole thing is at the very end when Charles rubs her belly. So sweet and one of my favorite moments.
8) Look out for The Band Perry! They were ON FIRE with their performance of Done at the ACM Awards! Loud guitars, fire works and a stellar performance! They rocked Vegas! I loved it!
7) I have to confess that Miranda Lambert is my favorite female artist, by a long shot! I love this woman! So, when she got on stage and did “Mama’s Broken Heart” – I turned it up and loved every second of it! I’m so happy for her and all her success!
6) Carrie Underwood is an insanely great singer! I loved her performance! She looked and sounded fantastic! I thought the stage looked really cool too! It was a great moment on the show.
5) Kenny Chesney came out early in the show and performed Pirate Flag. I have to admit, I spent the entire song daydreaming about being at Heinz Field in the hot sun for the show…but it was great!
4) Jason Aldean rocked the stage with 1994, and it was AWESOME!
3) Garth Brooks walking on stage with the pictures of Dick Clark behind him and then enters George Strait. I do wish they had done more singing together, but the moment was huge. Love it!
2) Luke Bryan Won Entertainer Of The Year!! BTW, Shania Twain looks FANTASTIC!
1) Blake Shelton and his wife Miranda Lambert were called to the stage together again as the Song Of The Year winners for “Over You.” It was by far the most emotional and touching moment of the night. It was my favorite part of the show.