Listen to Y108 this week for your chance to “Phil Your Stockings” with Phil Vassar concert tickets!
Phil Vassar is coming to the Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead on December 6th, and we’ll be giving away tickets all week!
Listen 5 times each day this week at 9a, 11a, 1p, 3p & 5p to win tickets to his show and qualify for our daily drawing for a pair of backstage passes to meet Phil Vassar too!
Listen to Jimmy & Monty each morning to find out who won the previous day’s drawing.
In the meantime, see how well you know Phil Vassar with my Ten Fast Facts!
1. Where He’s From: Phil was born May 28, 1964 in Lynchburg, Virginia
2. When He Started Playing Piano: Phil picked up piano in college at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA.
3. His College Fraternity: He was a member of the Eta Kappa Chapter of Theta Chi.
4. The Songwriter: Pil Vassar wrote Blackhawk‘s “Postmarked Birmingham“, Collin Raye’s “Little Red Rodeo“, Jo Dee Messina’s “Bye, Bye” and “I’m Alright“, Tim McGraw’s “For a Little While“, Alan Jackson’s “Right on the Money” and Neal McCoy’s “I Was“.
5. His #1 Songs For Other Artists: “Bye, Bye“, “I’m Alright“, and “Right on the Money” all made it to #1 on the country charts.
6. His First Big Awards: Phil was given the ASCAP Award for Song of the Year for “Bye, Bye“
7. His Second Big Award: Phil was named ASCAP’s Songwriter of the Year in 1999.
8. His First #1 As A Singer: “Just Another Day in Paradise“
9. His #1 Song For Tim McGraw: Phil Vassar hit the top of the country charts with “My Next Thirty Years“
10. His Family: Phil Vassar is married to songwriter Julie Wood and they have 2 kids. A daughter together named, Presley Jade and Haley, who is Phil’s daughter from a previous marriage.