So, you think you know Y108 Eight Man Jam Artist Josh Thompson? Well, test your knowledge now on our “Ten Fast Facts!” Make sure you listen to Y108 to win your tickets to see him at Rivers Casino on Thursday, May 24th for our exclusive Y108 event!
1) His Birthday: Josh was born January 23, 1978 in Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
2) His Label: Josh signed to Columbia Records Nashville in 2009 and in August of 2011, he was transferred to RCA Nashville.
3) His Debut Album: He released Way Out Here in February 2010.
4) His Singles: “Beer On The Table”, “Way Out Here,” “Won’t Be Lonely Long” and “Comin’ Around”
5) Previous Job: He started working in construction starting when he was only twelve.
6) His Move To Nashville: He moved there in 2005 and worked as a songwriter.
7) The Songwriter: His first song released as a songwriter was the title track to Jason Michael Carroll’s album Growing Up Is Getting Old. He also wrote or co-wrote all ten tracks of his own debut album “Way Out Here.” Josh Thompson co-wrote the song “Church Pew or Bar Stool” which was recorded by Jason Aldean and in 2011 he co-wrote “A Man Don’t Have To Die” for Brad Paisley’s “This Is Country Music” album.
8) The Charts: Josh’s debut single “Beer On The Table” debuted on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at #55 in August 2009 and peaked at #17.
9) The Videos: Josh released videos for “Beer on the Table,” “Way Out Here,” “Won’t Be Lonely Long” and “Blame It on Waylon.”
10) Touring: In 2010, Josh toured with Eric Church for 32 shows, and a few stops on Brad Paisley’s H20 Tour